It should be quick and easy? With only five ingredients you can prepare a delicious curry with chicken. That’s how it’s done!
- Chicken breast fillets
- 1 Onion, cut small
- 4 Spring onions, cut into rings
- 150 ml cream
- 150 ml broth
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon flour
Time: 20 min
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Sauté briefly in a little hot oil and remove.
- Sweat the onion and spring onions in the frying pan in hot fat, then add the curry powder with the flour. Stir well and saute briefly.
- Add the stock and cream, then add the chicken again and bring to a boil. Simmer briefly and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Tip: If you like, you can also reduce the amount of broth and, for example, combine with apple juice.
The curry powder has its name from the Tamil word “kari”, which literally means spice sauce or spice mixture. Originally, it referred to a type of stew or ragout that was served as a side dish to filling foods such as bread or rice.
The exact origin and origin of curry spice blend in India are unknown. Often, however, the place Madras, now called Chennai, is called in conjunction with the Madras Curry spice mixture. Madras is the capital of Tamil Nadu, a state of India and is located on the east coast of southern India on the Bengal Gulf.
Madras and other parts of India were part of the British colony until 1947. The British colonial rulers were also the ones who modified the Madras Curry spice recipe and brought it to Europe in the 18th century. However, they were overwhelmed with the variety of variants and the preparation of Masalas. So they created a mixture that was more compatible with European tastes.