Chili con Carne must not be missing at any party – and is always the best choice if you want to entertain a lot of people with as little effort as possible. How to make Chili Con Carne?
- 1 Onion (big)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red chili (small, possibly)
- 1 cup Oil
- 500 g Ground beef (preferably organic)
- 3 cup tomato paste
- 400 g pizza tomato
- 250 ml Beef broth (instant)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin (ground, cumin)
- 285 g Corn
- 250 g Kidney beans
FOR THE SAUCE
- 4 Stem coriander
- 2 spring onions
- 200 g sour cream
Time: 45 min
- Remove the onion and finely dice. Peel garlic and squeeze through a garlic press. If necessary, halve the chili, remove white seeds and partitions and finely chop the pulp (work with kitchen gloves).
- Heat the oil in a large, flat saucepan and fry the onion cubes in light brown.
- Add the minced meat, chilli and garlic and fry until the meat is crumbly and brown. Crush the minced meat well with a spatula to make it crumbly.
- Add the tomato paste, fry briefly, then add the tomatoes and broth.
- Stir well, season with cumin, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put corn and beans in a sieve, rinse and drain well. Add both to the chili and cook together for another 5 minutes.
- Rinse coriander, shake dry and pluck the leaves.
- Clean the spring onions, rinse and cut into thin rings.
- Add a dollop of sour cream to each chili serving and serve with coriander, spring onions and some pepper.
You can boil this dish well and warm up. Then it tastes even better. Cool the chili and put it in the refrigerator well covered until next day. Heat slowly, stirring again, bring to the boil and season again. Prepare the dip fresh.
Chili con carne can also be frozen well. Cook twice as much and freeze half.
Chili con Carne: family dinner and party hit
Chili con Carne always works! Whether you just feel like a warming soul comforter that tastes wonderfully familiar, or whether you want to cook something for a party – not seldom the choice falls on a nice big pot Chili con Carne.
It can also be prepared simply and safely, if you do not want to resort to ready mixes and simply want to season the dish with spices.
Even otherwise, the list of ingredients is clear. That’s all in the Chili con Carne:
- Vegetables onions
- clove of garlic
- Minced meat (preferably ground beef)
- Kidney beans
- tomato paste
- corn on the Cob
- Chilli peppers and a few spicy spices
Which meat for the chili?
There are many different tastes, so many different variations are going on. Often beef comes in chili con carne, either as minced meat or diced from the shoulder. But also pork or even game go with the chili.
Chili con Carne: Tasty variations
Who wants to bring a bit of variety in the Texmex stew, can cut a pepper small and stir in the pieces of pepper – or even try something completely new.
Because even cocoa is an excellent companion for the spicy chili flavor. Next time try adding a pinch of cinnamon and a teaspoon of cocoa. In this way, the chili con carne receives a pleasant chocolaty note, without losing the characteristic taste of the classic.