Healthy, Vegan, carrot cake recipe 🥕 When it comes to my favorite cakes.
Carrot Cake is the right choice! Carrot cake recipe I love for you…
Vegan, dairy-free, plant-based, refined sugar-free carrot cake recipe… Ingredients for one 22 cm loaf cake.
- 125g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 60g (1/2 cup)spelt flour/ all purpose flour
- 20g hazelnut meal
- 20g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp baking soda
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil (I use grape seed oil)
- 60g (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp) light brown sugar
- 60g (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp) coconut or unrefined brown sugar, finely ground
- 120ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 30ml fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean paste
- 100g (2 medium)carrots
- Peel of 1 organic orange
- * Use coconut sugar only for refined sugar-free.
- *Toppings: pistachios and rose petals
Difficulty: Easy Time: 45 min
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Grease and line one 22 cm loaf cake pan.
- Peel and grate the carrots and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl whisk the oil, sugar and vanilla for a few minutes until the sugar starts to dissolve, then stir in the almond milk and orange juice.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the hazelnut flour and grated carrot, fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting I combined fresh blood orange juice with almond milk and powdered sugar.