If you want to serve something fancy, you can do Japanese sushi yourself. Guaranteed Japanese sushi guaranteed with this recipe.
- 250 g Sushi Rice
- 1 Dried kombu, 5 cm, seaweed
- 3 tablespoon icing sugar
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Ginger root, grated, 5 cm
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 Radish, thinly cut
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 4 Nori
- 125 g Salmon, tuna or smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoon Teriyaki glaze
Time: 45 min
- Rinse the rice in a strainer under running water for a few minutes, drain. Pour the rice and seaweed in a saucepan with the boiling water and let it simmer for 8 minutes in very mild heat. Switch off the cooking plate and let it soak for another 8 minutes. Fill in a shallow bowl.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar and dribble over the rice. Stir and add ginger, garlic and salt. Cover and refrigerate. Divide the rice into 4 portions and each time into 8 portions, giving 32 in total. Shaping spheres, cubes and cuboids.
- Wrap rice in thin radish slices, garnish with fine carrot sticks, cover with raw or smoked fish, wrap in nori strips or glaze with teriyaki. The imagination knows no limits.
- The sushi is served on small white plates. For a party you can also get bento tins, which are then filled pretty. To do this, place small bowls of wasabi paste, soy sauce, pickled ginger and ginger paste.
- At will – chives, black sesame seeds, green onions in fine stripes, smoked salmon, shrimp, smoked eel, fruit …
Note: Arrange the sushi on white plates or provide it for a party in a can.