Salad Pumpkin recipe is unusual combination of ingredients, but very delicious, my favorite pumpkin recipe. Best pumpkin recipes.
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 8 branch mint
- 5 tablespoon oil
- 125 ml White wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Time: 30 min
- Quarter the pumpkin, scrap the core house with a spoon. Then cut into small slices and mix with salt and sugar. Covered for about 1 hour. Then drain in a sieve and rinse briefly with cold water.
- Dry the pumpkin slices with kitchen paper.
- Peel the garlic and cut into thin slices, pluck the mint leaves and cut into fine strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan (coated pan is recommended) and fry the pumpkin slices in portions. The pumpkin should be turned so that it is golden brown on both sides and soft. Lift out and place on a platter.
- Sprinkle the finished pumpkin slices with garlic and mint.
- In the remaining oil, bring the vinegar to a boil with the sugar. Add the cinnamon. Stir well so that the sugar dissolves. Season the sauce with salt and black pepper.
- Immediately pour the sauce over the pumpkin and serve.
This dish can be served as a vegetarian main course (enough for 4 people) or as a warm starter (for 8 people). It is a traditional Sicilian dish.
Valuable ingredients: That makes pumpkin healthy. In addition, pumpkin is healthy and important supplier of vitamins (including beta-carotene as a precursor of vitamin A), minerals (including potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron) and filling fiber.