What makes a really good waffle dough? Do you experience here! With our recipe, the waffles succeed you in no time and are super tasty and fluffy. How to make waffle?
- 250 gr Butter (or margarine)
- 250 gr sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 6 eggs
- 500 gr Flour
- 1 pack baking powder
- 450 ml milk
Time: 20 min
- Separate the eggs and set aside the egg whites.
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and egg yolk with the hand mixer until frothy.
- Mix flour and baking powder. If you want to avoid lump formation, sieve the mixture through again.
- Heat the milk gently and place it together with the baking powder and flour mixture under the egg-sugar mass.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and place under the mass. It is best to use a whisk.
- Preheat waffle iron and brush with oil.
- For each waffle, add 2-3 tablespoons to the waffle iron and bake waffles for 2-3 minutes.
How is waffle dough? This is how you make waffles look good!
- The top priority is: always grease waffle iron with oil before adding the dough (preferably with a brush) and preheat well.
- Most waffle iron will turn off a red light when the necessary temperature is reached.
- And then you can start: The best way to give the waffle dough directly in the middle of the waffle iron – the dough is distributed when closing by itself.
- Now it’s time to wait and prove patience. If you open the waffle iron too early, the waffles can tear down quickly.
What do you have to pay attention to when making waffle dough?
For a delicious waffle dough you will find many recipes that can be easily modified as desired. Generally, however, you should pay attention to a few points in the basic recipe in order to be able to enjoy a successful dough at the end:
- Do not save on the butter! Butter makes the baked waffles later juicy and acts as a flavor carrier. If there is not enough butter in it, the waffle can quickly become rubbery. In addition, the fat content of the butter during baking contributes to a greasy film on the waffle iron, so that burning is prevented.
- It pays to sift the dry ingredients. This prevents lumps in the waffle dough.
- Fluffy waffles are created by adding eggs and baking soda. If you like very airy waffles, you have to separate the eggs: The yolks are mixed with butter and sugar at the beginning. The whipped egg white, however, is underlined at the end. Through the egg whiz air comes in the form of small bubbles in the waffle dough. This air expands when baking, making the waffle even more fluffy.
- Before baking you should let the waffle dough rest briefly. Only in this way can the sticky white of the flour (gluten) work and form a stable bond with the other ingredients.
- For crispy waffles do not use milk in the basic recipe, but seltzer water.
How can you refine the waffle dough?
Once a basic dough has been prepared, it can be seasoned with individual ingredients to taste. For example, hail sugar or coconut flakes can be added. Also Rumaroma and pieces of fruit make in Waffelteig excellent. And who wants to miss the waffles a delicious chocolate note, just adds cocoa powder and chopped chocolate.
Of course, Nusstückchen can be added: almonds and chopped hazelnuts taste great in the dough. It’s best to make some more dough right at the beginning and divide it into several bowls. This way you can add more ingredients in portions – and there’s nothing in the way of great feasting.
Vegan waffle dough
Waffle dough can also be made without animal ingredients. For this you simply do without eggs and milk. Instead of the eggs, baking soda is used and the milk is replaced with vegetable milk. Soy milk is a good choice here. The butter is not absolutely necessary: oil, vegetable margarine or vegan butter can be used.
Gluten-free waffle dough
Anyone who suffers from gluten intolerance or celiac disease must replace the wheat flour in the waffle dough with another ingredient. Gluten-free flour, which is made from a mixture of maize flour, maize starch and locust bean gum, is commercially available for this purpose. Buckwheat flour and potato starch are another possible alternative. In our recipe for low-carb waffles is also dispensed flour.
Waffles can not be enough!
Waffles are made so fast, and the dough can be so versatile. Take the delicious waffle recipe and refine it with all the ingredients you like: almonds, hail sugar or chocolate pieces – try many delicious variations. After that, all it takes is a bit of powdered sugar, fresh cream and fruit – and the enjoyment is perfect!