The Perfect Hamburger Buns Recipe. Best homemade hamburger bun recipes.
- 200 ml water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 Yeast, fresh
- 35 gr sugar
- 8 gr salt
- 8 gr Butter, soft
- 500 gr Flour (type 550)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 handful Sesame to the sprinkling
Time: 2 hour 5 min ( with rest time)
- First, pour the warm water and milk into a bowl, mix the sugar and crumble the yeast cube into it. The dough is left to stand for 5 minutes.
- Then add the flour, salt, egg and the soft or liquid butter and knead everything with the hand or the hand mixer to a silky-smooth, supple dough. You can now cover it in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Then you form the Buns from the dough. I take 90 grams of dough per bun. The amount of dough then suffices for 10 hamburger buns, which are then the perfect size for patties with 11 cm diameter.
- The dough is rolled in the palm of your hand to a uniform, round ball and then squeezed on a baking sheet with baking paper to a flat disc with 8 to 9 cm in diameter. The more evenly the dough pieces are formed here, the better the finished bun will be. Let the buns go for an hour.
- In the meantime, whisk an egg with 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons milk. Once the buns have left, they are smeared with the beaten egg and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Now push the Buns into the oven preheated to 200 ° C top / bottom heat and bake for 16 to 20 minutes until the surface is golden brown. Then they are left to cool on a wire rack.
Notes: It is important to take fresh yeast. Dry yeast just does not go so well and the buns are not so nice afterward. You can also take oregano, parmesan and olive oil instead of sesame!